Tuesday, July 10, 2012

treasure

seven years ago I lost my grandmother. that's life. what gets me about death is how it can change people or rather expose who they really are and probably always have been all along. these pictures are like super extra crazy special because i thought they we lost to us. forever. thanks to a right old biddy of a great aunt some of our family heirlooms and treasures were retrieved, these photographs among them. i really love old photographs and the magic they posses to transport u back to a moment, a feeling, a smell, a sound. it is the most wonderful experience to gaze upon my grandmothers old faces, lovely old faces that had begun to fade in my memory, slip away out of my reach... i cannot actually describe what these photographs mean to me and how amazingly grateful i am to have them back. in my spare time i am scanning and for ever preserving these treasures and have decided to do a series of posts with my favorites. if you have posted or ever do post old photo's please send me a link. i wasn't kidding when i said i love old photographs and the imaginable sentiment they may hold. the first photograph is of my nana holding me as a baby. the second photograph contains four generations of my family on my dads side. not many get to know their great grandmothers, i adored both of mine. i cannot say why but i just kinda dig the over exposed bottom two.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment